SAFE ASBESTOS REMOVAL FOR EDMONTON, CENTRAL & NORTHERN ALBERTA AREA PROPERTIES
The Abatement (Asbestos Removal) Process
Advanced Remediation Solutions Inc. follows all Alberta Occupational Health & Safety guidelines for asbestos abatement. We provide proper training and personnel protective equipment for employees, apply for permits and have equipment certified. You can rest assured that all regulations will be followed and precautions taken to ensure safety.
Containment is a critical aspect of the process and must be achieved prior to any removal of asbestos-containing materials. Regulations require that an abatement take place under negative air to prevent the release of asbestos fibres into the surrounding environment. When required (high risk) we set up clean rooms with decontamination showers. Air monitoring is performed by a third party consultant during the project for all moderate and high-risk abatements.
WE FOLLOW THE ABLERTA ABATEMENT GUIDLINES
When removing materials containing asbestos, Advanced Remediation Solutions Inc. adheres to the following Alberta Abatement Guidelines:
- We file a notice of project for the asbestos removal with Workplace Health & Safety.
- We perform DOP (filter efficiency) testing of HEPA-filtered air movers and vacuums.
- We ensure containment of the area where the asbestos is to be removed with decontamination setup.
- We set up HEPA-filtered air moving equipment to prevent any cross contamination.
- A third party environmental consultant visually inspects the containment before asbestos removal begins. (Legislation requires this for moderate and high-risk abatements.)
- A third party environmental consultant performs a visual inspection to ensure all asbestos materials have been removed and containment is clean. (Legislation requires this for moderate and high-risk abatements.)
- A third party environmental consultant completes a final air test after a minimum drying period of four hours. (Legislation requires this for moderate and high-risk abatements.)
HOW WE REMOVE ASBESTOS
Just like with mould, when we perform asbestos removal in your building, we start with containment. Our asbestos abatement team, wearing full hazmat protective gear, seals off the asbestos containing area of your property. We create negative air using air moving equipment. An environmental consultant then visually inspects the contained area before we begin the abatement process. We remove asbestos-affected materials and bag them. Then we dispose of the materials according to Alberta Abatement Guidelines. Afterward, an environmental consultant performs a clearance inspection to ensure all asbestos-affected materials have been removed from your property.
Schedule Your Visual Inspection Today
Since 2004, Advanced Remediation Solutions has removed asbestos and mould from Alberta’s homes and businesses. Don’t hesitate to schedule a consultation with a member of our team. Estimates are free in the Greater Edmonton area, service fees may apply outside of the Greater Edmonton area, however sampling and testing carry additional costs as they are performed by a third party.
Our team will then interpret the results of your mould or asbestos tests and consult you about the best course of action. To request your estimate, call Advanced Remediation Solution today at (780)466-5105.